Did you know modern orthodontics was invented by an Australian dentist in Adelaide? Since then the braces have evolved and improved so much that it is faster, easier to do and more comfortable to wear than ever before. Nowadays it is often seen a fashion accessory or an attitude or a statement!
4 biggest questions in orthodontics
– Do I need extractions? A: depends whether you want a full or a flat profile look.
– How long do I wear the braces? A: 18-24 months.
– What type of braces do I get? A: stainless steel, Acrylic, porcelain, self locking brackets are available.
-What colors do I get? A: to hold the arch wire to the bracket we can use any colour we like eg. clear, silver, red, blue, green, black, red etc
Why have braces?
– Your teeth may be crowded which need straightening to look more desirable.
– Crowded teeth are hard to clean so it can lead to tooth decay, gum infection, food trap or inadequate chewing.
– Achieve a certain facial profile or look.