We Need Our Baby Teeth
Children’s teeth are very important, 1. they are essential for chewing to facilitate proper digestion, 2. they act as a templet to guide the permanent teeth to come out into correct positions.
Small Person With Big Problem
- – If child is in pain from tooth decay usually we can not get his/her cooperation to treat.
- – It is usually very difficult to repair baby teeth.
- – Any baby teeth repair are not very durable.
- – Baby teeth are not permanent as they will fall out before the teenage years.
Prevention is better than sorry
- – We must work with parents to develop good oral hygiene, good diet.
- – Give children regular check up.
- – Stop eating snacks and sweets.
- – Stop drinking juices or milk prior to sleep.
Treatment Of Last Resort
- – Should the child need treatment General anaesthetic is often needed.
- – We need to book the hospital and anaesthetist
- – When the child is unconscious we proceed to make stainless steel crowns for all the decayed teeth.
- – By this stage the entire treatment is usually very costly.